Vita is going to get a little wet behind the ears when the first fully-fledged Vita fishing game snags its day on the PlayStation Store. Let’s Fish! Hooked On has aimed its rod and plans to reel in Vita gamers with a $19.99/£14.99/€19.99/AUD $24.95 price.
Let’s Fish! Hooked On is a fishing game featuring an eclectic cast of four young fishermen and women. Each of them has a back story and specialization. The game’s presentation has been compared to that of Sony’s popular golfing franchise Hot Shots Golf.
Of special note is the title’s art endeavors which have been achieved by one accomplished Japanese anime expert Poyoyon Rock. His art has been seen in previous games in and out of the fishing genre. The developers behind Let’s Fish! are also an experienced group as they are responsible for games like SEGA Bass Fishing and Ape Escape for PSP.
Take a look at the game features list below:
- Become a World Champion as you compete in 35 Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments on the World Tour, with each stage increasing in difficulty.
- Play as 4 different characters each with their own story line, unique skills and abilities.
- Fast and intuitive game play using the PS Vita touchscreen makes fishing fun for everyone!
- Progress through the World Tour by developing your characters skills and technique, unlocking all items and stages along the way.
- 4 challenging game modes – World Tour, Challenge, Training and Underwater Mode.
- Catch up to 9 different kinds of fish! Including 4 different kinds of bass – Florida Large Mouth Bass, Northern Spike, Small Mouth Bass and Red-Eye Bass.
- Realistic fish movements with behavioural changes affected by the season, weather, time and type of lure used.
- Play through 11 themed outdoor stages, each with varying seasons, time settings and weather conditions that influence game play.
- Earn up to 240 different lures as you progress through the game, each with their own individual ‘appeal value’ to attract fish.
- Complete all classes in World Tour mode to unlock a bonus event.
- Observe the behaviour of the fish you have caught in Underwater Mode using the PS Vita’s gyroscope to control the camera.
- Prepare for action with tutorial and training before you venture into Challenge and World Tour Mode.
- Easy to follow instructions help you learn the games controls.
- Replay appeal with 44 courses, 31 Trophies and many lures to unlock.
- Online Rankings show who the best players are with Leaderboards and Trophies.
- Character designs from world-famous Japanese artist Poyoyon❤Rock.
- Combination of simulation and arcade style game play appeals to all tastes and abilities.
- Original POP/rock in-game music.
- All content created exclusively for the PS Vita.
- Over 40 hours of game play.
Let’s Fish! Hooked On has been out in Japan since early 2012 going by the title Let’s Try Bass Fishing: Fish On Next. PS3trophies.org has posted all 31 trophies including a platinum as Let’s Fish! Hooked On makes its way to North America on Jan. 29th and Europe on Jan. 30th.
[via Wired Productions]